Also sometimes called web cookies or tracking cookies, these are small pieces of text sent by a server to a web browser and then sent back by the client every time it accesses that server. They are used for several different purposes including authenticating, session tracking, and maintaining specific information about users, such as their site preferences.
Types of Cookie
Cookies Used On Our Site
Please contact us for a list of cookies used on this site.
Our cookies, also known as first-party cookies, help to:
- Make our website function correctly
- Remember your search settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
Our cookies are not used to:
- Collect personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Collect data for sales purposes or mailing lists
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties (without your express permission)
Turn First-Party Cookies Off
Not using our site is the only fullproof way to prevent the use of first-party cookies.
We use social media buttons that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, the social media sites Facebook and Twitter will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies. Our other links to external sites Embody and CThA also result in the setting of their cookies through our site.
To increase your privacy, but maintain convenience, you can disable third-party cookies and allow first-party cookies. See how to do this for the following browsers:
You can also control third-party cookies using a browser add-on or extension or by installing anti-spyware software. Disabling third-party cookies may limit the functionality of the website.
This website contains links to external websites. Privacy policies on these sites vary and, as such, we are not responsible for their cookies or privacy policies.